A Great Cordless Garden Hedge Trimmer
WeedEater designs, manufactures, and sells hedge trimmers and other home gardening tools that satisfy the needs of your average yard and garden enthusiast, and has long been a trusted name in home gardening. The HTC 2200 boasts a 22 inch dual action blade with superior cut and vibration reduction. It also features hardened steal blades, a contoured blade guard, a two handed safety switch system, easy and comfortable grip handle design and a high capacity 18 volt cordless power-pack. All of this sounds pretty fantastic and what is better is that it actually was pretty fantastic to use. Here are my thoughts about my adventure in trying out this gardening tool.
- Ease of use: Let's just start with the fact that I hate yard work. It is overwhelming and difficult for me due to back and knee injuries. I was first impressed with the lightness of the box. Having power equipment is nice but not particularly helpful it you don't have the strength to use it long enough to get the job done. It only got better when I realized that there was no assembly required. The only requirement was that the battery, which was included, needed to be charged and then inserted it into the end of the WeedEater. These two steps were easily managed and caused no frustration at all. The 22-inch blades of this hedge trimmer were long enough to make serious work of the shrubs I was working on, but not so long that it was awkward to hold or handle. Another added bonus is that its total weight is only a little over seven pounds. I really enjoyed the freedom of the battery pack. Not having to worry about getting tangled in a cord or inhaling fumes from gas made the chore of yard work for me much less intimidating and difficult.
- Maintenance: The maintenance for the HTC2200 hedge trimmer is pretty straight forward. Make sure that you use it only for medium-size shrubs and hedges, keep all parts clean and free from debris, follow the battery charging guidelines in the manual, and keep it stored in a dry, clean space. This will ensure maximum use and life of your WeedEater.
- Pros: I really felt that this tool made my life a lot easier. I was able to trim all of my shrubs in a matter of minutes and I didn't have the aches and pains afterwards that usually go along with it. To me this makes this product worth talking about. I appreciated the hand guard for its safety and protection and I really enjoyed what little time it took me to do the actual job. Not having to drag around a cord and move it from outlet to outlet or run to the gas station saved me time, energy, and money. What's not to appreciate about that?
- Cons: My shrubs and hedges consist of rose bushes and evergreens, so I cannot comment on how it handles other types of foliage. However, the packaging states that it will cut up to 7/16 inch branches so if your foliage is bigger than this, you will need a different trimmer. I also had some difficulty with the rear switch handle. There are two handles, a front and rear one that must be held in operating position for the blades to move. I occasionally had to reposition my hand on the rear one to push it in at the right angle for the unit to work. This was not a major difficulty or inconvenience, just something I need to learn to manage better over time and use.
- Overall experience: I must say that I enjoyed using the HTC2200. Having the product already assembled and the ease of use made me feel like it was created specifically for me and my needs. I would definitely recommend that those who are interested in a cordless hedge trimmer consider this model strongly. It will make maintaining your shrubs, brush, and bushes a whole lot easer.
When it comes time to begin trimming, cutting back, or otherwise pruning your bushes and hedges, then a garden hedge ...
If you have a chainsaw, or are planning on getting one, then knowing how to properly use it is a vital necessity. ...
A chainsaw is a great tool to have around the home, but without proper maintenance it can quickly become an expensive ...