Low Maintenance Houseplants
It seems like no matter what some people do, they always end up killing their houseplants. That is until some plants can be found that are willing to be very forgiving to those who don't exactly have a green thumb. The following are those that seem to be the lowest maintenance houseplants around; in fact, some of these plants even act as if they thrive off of the lack of general care knowledge that many plants need.
- Verbena. This wonderful plant can actually live at temperatures over 86 degrees Fahrenheit for long periods of time. It will shed off old blooms naturally, so there is little need for picking or trimming. This particular type of houseplant is also very forgiving in low water situations. That being said, you still need to make sure that the soil remains as damp as possible to ensure that it does the best it can.
- New Guinea Impatiens. This particular type of impatiens is a very versatile plant. For example, this plant will continue to grow even if it only receives four to six hours of sun. This means that it will grow on any side of the house, or even inside the home. Pretty much as long as the plant is within spitting distance of a window it will be getting enough light to grow well.
- Geranium. Probably one of the best possible flowers that you can have around the home, inside or out. This beautiful plant comes in dozens of different colors that are really easy to maintain. When the colorful blooms begin to fade, all you need to do is snip off the fading blooms, which will then encourage the remaining flowers to bloom more.
- Euphorbia. This is one of those wonderful drought resistant plants that has a wonderful green look with delicate looking blossoms. Euphorbia requires very little care, and is another plant that can shed its own blossoms itself. Another of the major benefits that this plant provides is that if you happen to have this plant outside it will be left alone by animals such as deer. Turns out that the deer really don't care for the taste of this plant.
- Sweet Potato Vine. One of the wonderful things about this plant is that it can be planted in anything from partial shade to full sun. This means that you will have a wide variety of places in which you can place this wonderful ornamental plant. Another of the benefits of this easy to care for plant is that it comes in a wide variety of dramatic colors such as lime green, deep purple, and bronze. This plant also grows quickly and will cascade beautifully over the edges of any pots that you plant it in. Unlike most vines though, it will not grow along trellises or walls, and will continue to thrive even if the temperature stays above 86 degrees Fahrenheit for long periods of time.
While native to more tropical regions, Aloe Vera can also be a fantastic house plant. However, in order to get your Aloe ...
When a potted plant has more stems and leaves than soil in its pot, then it's time to transfer the plant to a larger pot. ...
Planters can be more than just an item to hold and protect your plants. Rather, they can also be a great element for ...