Are you looking for a great way to add a little bit of a tasty twist to your flower garden? If so then you really need to look into growing chamomile. This beautiful, daisy like flower can find a good home in any garden, and also be available for a quick harvest and some tasty tea. Since this flower is an annual, and not a perennial, you will have to replant them every year. That being said, even with the necessity of planting each year this flower can add a touch of elegance to any garden. In addition, think of the bragging rights that you would have by being able to say that you literally made your own tea.
- Plant at the right time. Chamomile can be planted two times a year. The first time is during the spring time, and the second is during the mid-fall season. If you are going to be growing the plants from seeds, then you want to make sure that there is no frost in the ground when you plant.
- Choose the location. These flowers absolutely love the sun, and should be planted in an area that will be receiving full sunlight. Also, the location that you choose will need to have a specific type of soil, one that is well-drained but not particularly sandy. In addition, the location that you choose should have some minor protection from the wind nearby. When planting these flowers, they should be spaced between 6 and 18 inches apart, depending on the affect and amount that you want.
- Healthy plants or seeds. Always choose the healthiest plants and seeds that you can. These can easily be obtained from your local nursery. Ensure that any green plants are free of any wilting, drooping, or signs of disease. They should also have the appearance of health, and have plenty of leaves. Ideally, the green plants should not already have flowers when you plant them.
- Prepare the area. Prepare the area that you will be planting the flowers in by tilling the ground to a depth of about 6 inches. Work the soil so that it is nice and loose, and then work in some slow release composting. This will help to increase the nutrient content of the soil, and make it an easier task of planting the flowers.
- Watch and enjoy. After you have planted the chamomile flowers or seedlings, pretty much all you need to do is sit back and enjoy! Periodically check to ensure that the soil is still moist (not drenched, but moist) in a uniform and even manner. In a few weeks you should begin seeing the flowers, and then sit back and enjoy your new flowers.
Whether you only have a little space, or are looking for an accent piece, planting a fall hanging basket can be a great ...
There is more to growing flowers than simply digging holes for seeds or plantings. Choosing the best flower garden ...
Like all birds, hummingbirds choose nesting materials from flower gardens, lawns, and foliage. Make sure that you not ...