Creating a Dramatic Garden
by Lee Wyatt
(last updated December 28, 2016)
Have you ever seen a garden that has simply taken your breath away? If so, then chances are you know what a dramatic garden can do. Dramatic gardens are usually ornamental gardens which have been designed in certain or specific ways to enhance the beauty and elegance of a particular area. It doesn't matter where you live; creating a dramatic garden is pretty simple, as long as you take a few minutes to plan it properly.
- Budget. Whenever you begin planning a dramatic garden, you first need to consider your budget. No one really likes to worry about their money, but by knowing the amount of money that you have to spend on a particular project, you will be able to properly plan for it. Having a budget worked out in advance will help you to keep your spending under control, and to keep your project ore realistic.
- Style. There are all kinds of styles that you can go with for a dramatic garden. Some examples that you can use are things like an English garden, a formal Italian garden, or even an enchanted garden. There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to the style of garden that you can use. Rather, it comes down what you like, and whether it will work with the rest of your landscaping design.
- Feel. As you are thinking of the style, try to envision the feel of what the finished product will be like. What is the feel that you are trying to evoke? Perhaps you are looking for awe inspiring splendor? Maybe you are going for a feel of comfort and relaxation? Or, you may want to have a feeling of wonder, mixed with some of the others mentioned here. Just keep in mind that this is going to be your garden, and that you will be the one who ultimately says whether it was done right or not.
- Plants. When looking to create a dramatic garden, be sure that you take time to consider the plants that you will be using. Plants obviously play a big role in a garden, but oftentimes people do not stop to consider just how big of a role. The plants that you choose for your garden will go a long way to making the style and feel of your garden a reality. Choose plants that will fit into your final goal, and that work well with each other.
- Accessories. Finally, perhaps one of the most overlooked pieces of garden creation is the accessories that you use. These accessories are things such as bird baths, planters, statues, furniture, fire pits, and whatever else you may have in your garden. Do not simply use some hodge-podge collection of various items. Rather, you want to use items accessories that will work well with each other, as well as with the plants that you have chosen.
It is never too early or late to begin planning your spring garden. There are really only a few things that you ...
Whether you live in a small apartment with no room for a garden, or a large home with plenty of back yard, you can grow ...
Create themes for your garden and add elements for events such as Easter, Independence Day, or a family birthday or ...