Creating a Life Sized Game Board
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated September 24, 2021)
Are you looking at adding a unique element to your garden or landscape design? One of the best ways that you can do this is by adding a life sized game board. These types of architectural elements can not only be fun, but also beautiful. Some examples of where you may have seen things like this are in the old Disney cartoon Alice in Wonderland, as well as the classic movie Labyrinth. Creating a life sized game board is surprisingly easy, as long as you keep in mind a few things.
- Budget. Like any other type of gardening project, one of the things that you will need to think about is the amount of money that you can spend on the project. While you can always create a life sized game board for relatively little, having a budget will help you keep things realistic while you are working.
- Type of game. Once you have a budget in mind, you need to think about the type of game. Do you want to have a chess set similar to one from the Harry Potter movies? Perhaps you would like to have a full size Monopoly game. The easiest way to decide on a game, is to think about what type of games you like to play, and what you think may improve the look of your home.
- Premade, or custom? You can have a life sized game board made professionally, or you can do your own work. If you are not particularly skilled with carpentry work, then you may need to think about having someone make it for you. However, if you make your own game board you can save a lot of money. If you are willing to take some time, you can always make a maze in your backyard.
- Permanency. Another thing that you will need to think about is whether you want the game board to be a permanent addition or not. The permanency of the game can actually affect the price of the project. One good thing to think about having a temporary game board is that you can put it away when you need the space for a different purpose.
- Install it. Once you have decided on the type, whether you are making it yourself, and how permanent the board is going to be you need to install it. If you are making the game board yourself, it may be best to install it yourself. This will help to keep the cost to a minimum, but be sure that you don't take on a project that you won't be able to finish. If you have any question's about whether you can or not, then you should hire someone to do the work for you.
- Enjoy playing. After you have the game installed, you only have one task left. That task is to enjoy yourself, and your new game.