No matter what we may like to think, there are times when the novice gardener can really use the help of a professional. Whether it is to get the garden off on the right foot or to call in a specialist to help bring a particular tree back from the brink, gardening services can be an invaluable help. The question though, is how to choose the best that you can. Believe it or not, this is actually an extremely simple task. All you need to do is follow these guidelines and you will be able to find the best possible professional for your needs, budget, and situation.
- Get recommendations. The best place to start looking for gardening services is by gathering some recommendations. By asking your fellow gardeners, you can get a wide selection to choose from. Write down the recommendations that you get from friends, family members, and the people down at your nursery. Keep this list handy and if you notice any names that appear multiple times, be sure to call them first.
- Call around. Not all gardening services offer the same types of skills. Call around to the companies that were recommended, as well as a few that you find in the phone book. On your list, write down the skills each company offers for later comparison.
- Ask questions. As you talk to the companies, ask them questions. Basically you can ask them anything that you can think of, but a good rule of thumb is to think of it as an interview. You are interviewing them to work for you, so ask them about their experience, do they guarantee their work, how many people do they have working for them, and so on. Write down the answers to your question on your list.
- Get an estimate. One of the final questions that you should ask each gardening service is how much they will charge. Some companies charge by the job, whereas others charge a flat monthly fee for their services. Be sure that you know what they charge and what that will cover. Write down the estimate on your list.
- Comparison shop. After you call around and get the answers to your questions, it is time to comparison shop the gardening services. What this means is you go through the answers that you received and decide on which one you think can provide the best overall value. Typically, you will want to go with the company that will be the most professional in their behavior, offer the lowest cost, has been in business the longest, and provide a guarantee for their work.
One of the more common problems that a gardener can find themselves faced with is trying to garden in a limey, or ...
There is a wide variety in planting times, growing seasons, and harvesting times. Generally speaking, all of these times ...
If you are a gardener, or even thinking of gardening, you will need to be able to identify some of the more common garden ...