Choosing Garden Furniture
How many times have you gone to a beautifully arranged, designed, and landscaped garden and simply been blown away? Chances are good that you have done this at least once in your life. When that happened did you simply stand there, or did you look around for something to sit on so that you can appreciate the beauty that surrounded you? This is where garden furniture comes into play.
Choosing the right kind of furniture for your garden can often make or break the overall design that you are going for. Choosing the wrong kind of garden furniture can often be worse than not choosing any at all. To avoid creating a disaster out of your dream landscape, use these simple guidelines.
- Time. When choosing furniture, you want to make sure you plan an appropriate amount of time to make the correct decision. Keep in mind that this is not often a process where you can simply go in to the store, make a selection, and leave in the space of twenty minutes. Be prepared to spend at least a day looking at all your options before making any final decision.
- Style. Garden furniture, like any kind of furniture will come in many different styles. Look at as many options as possible, and compare them with the look you want for your garden or landscape. If at all possible, take a picture of your home, garden, and landscape with you while you look at the furniture. This will help you envision the furniture in your own home a little better.
- Comfort. Keep in mind that you will be sitting, resting, and hopefully relaxing on this furniture. Choose something that not only fits with the style that you are going for, but also something that is as comfortable as possible. This way you will actually enjoy the garden or landscape that your furniture is in, rather than avoiding it because you don't like to use the furniture you have chosen.
- Maintenance. When choosing your garden furniture, be sure that you choose something that will require minimal maintenance. Unless you have a staff that will take care of all the cleaning for you, you will be doing the work yourself. Also, keep in mind that the seasons will change. Often what looks good during the summer, may not weather the winter well.
- Cost. While cost should never really be the sole deciding factor in what you choose, it is something that cannot be ignored. Be sure that you choose your garden furniture according to your budget, and that you don't bankrupt yourself trying to get the nicest things available.
If you have ever seen the old Disney movie Alice in Wonderland, then chances are really good that you have seen a picture ...
Once you have an idea of how you want to arrange your landscape, decide on the elements you want such as lighting, ...
One of the basic elements of good garden design is to have a focal point for your garden. The problem is though, what to ...